I'm it! I am so excited, as this is my very first time being tagged for anything. So, without babbling further about my sense of finally belonging, Kelli at Effing Reality tagged me for the following:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 (or more) pages.
Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc as told by Mark Twain
2. Open the book to page 123 and find the 5th sentence.
The commission of priests sent to Lorraine ostensibly to inquire into Joan's character—in fact to weary her with delays and wear out her purpose and make her give it up—arrived back and reported her character perfect.
3. Post the next 3 sentences.
Our affairs were in full career now, you see.
The verdict made a prodigious stir. Dead France woke suddenly to life, wherever the great news travelled.
[My excitement just wore off. I feel like there should be more of a payoff than four random sentences. So I'm going to make new rules.]
4. Change only two words from you answer to #1 to create the title of a book you might write someday.
Personal Recollections of Litigators of Arc as told to Mark Twain
5. What is your favorite part of your answer to #2?
The fact that Mark Twain (or his publisher) used em-dashes.
6. In one sentence interpret how your answer to #3 explains your love life.
Exciting things are on the horizon, that will make wonderful stories and maybe bring hope.
P.S. Being a lawyer, I couldn't help but do a little research, and I think the first two instructions are really just that, and you are only supposed to actually post the 6th-8th sentences on page 123, without posting the title or the 5th sentence, but I guess one of the fun things about memes is how they can change. And I think that is a really awesome 5th sentence, so I'm glad I got to include it.